Why Travel :
Before going into travel blogging first let me explain why the activity in travel sector is improving.
- India’s per-capita GDP is growing steadily and people will be spending the incremental money earned largely on discretionary items, and travel will be certainly one of them as culturally travel is one of the main activity Indians interested in .
- Ease of travel improved considerably in recent times with travel assisting apps, I myself can not imagine travelling without the help of google maps, Makemytrip (or goibibo), Zomato and tripadvisor . These 4 apps solves almost all our travel related issues . Over last year where-ever I travel , in any restaurant, even in remote areas , in any hotel you want to stay, any famous Temple you want to visit, any interesting sight seeing place you can enjoy , is filled with tons of people, I think , any thing related to travel is the right thing to do in the future.
- In 2017 , Foreign tourist arrivals crossed 10-million mark for the first time , and a Google-BCG report predicting domestic travel market to reach $48 billion by 2020:
- Saying in last 3 years there is explosion of data usage, is an understatement .Data consumption per user increased by whooping 15 times in last 3 years mainly due to the launch of Jio and partly due to cheaper smart phones. So anything related to Internet and web should be and will be doing good in the future.
Why Travel Blogging:
Compared to any other Genres of Blogging, Travel blogging has many advantages such as:
- India is rich in places of interest to explore and the diversity of these landscapes will ensure that the travel itself is interesting for the traveller as well as give the blog a rich and diverse content. We don’t need to worry that we may run out of topics to write or may be repeating similar experience over and over again.
- In Travel blogging we can have diverse monetisation streams for the content created.Most of the blogs of other genre depend primarily on display ads , But for travel blogging, we can have revenue streams like display ads, Writing articles to travel magazines , Brand endorsements with the products you associate,Social media promotions etc ,once you have the interesting content and audience.
- Apart from the travel streams , we can create and monetise content related to photography as the travel and photography are mostly complementary activities .